Delicious & Healthy Rolls
with Sprout Revolution Flax Powder
Submitted by Dayna and Marlene
1 TBS. active dry yeast
1 TBS. sugar
3 cups warm water (110 degrees)
7 1/2 cups bread flour, little more for work surface
1/2 cup Sprout Revolution Gold Plain Flax
3 TBS whole wheat flour
2 1/2 TBS salt
- Stir together yeast, sugar and warm water in the bowl of an electric mixer; let stand until foamy, about 10 min.
- When combined, use a dough hook to knead.
In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, salt and the sprouted flax.
- With the mixer on low, add half of the flour mixture, mix until well combined.
- Slowly add enough of the remaining flour mixture to form a sticky dough.
- Continue kneading with the dough hook, adding remaining flour as necessary, until dough is smooth and completely pulls away from the sides of the bowl (you may have up to 1/2 cup flour left over), about 15 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and continue to knead with your hands to make a smooth ball 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl and cover with a plastic lid or plastic wrap; let stand in a warm place until it begins to rise, about 1 hour.
- Transfer bowl to refrigerator and refrigerate overnight.
- Cover baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly flour--set aside.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, using just enough flour to keep dough from sticking, and divide evenly between two baking sheets.
- Leave space between each ball of dough.
- Let stand at room temperature until doubled in size, about 5 hours.
- If a skin begins to form on the dough, cover with a clean towel.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly dust dough with flour and transfer to top rack of oven.
- Bake until golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes, rotating and switching baking sheets from top to bottom every 10 min through baking.
- For crisper crust, spray the rolls with water every 10 min. while baking.
- Transfer baking sheet to a wire rack and let rolls cool.
- Reheat in a 400 degree oven just before serving to crisp and warm through if desired. Delicious!!